|Reading the paper [Albert Jone]/State Library of Victoria Collections © 2011/CC BY 2.0|
It’s the first week of the new semester and the emerging theme is ‘reading’. Give or take a couple of titles, this is my weekend reading list:
COMP6047 – Further Web Science
- Cabinet Office (2012) ‘Open Data: Releasing the Potential’, White Paper.
- Shadbolt, Nigel and O’Hara, Kieron (2013) Linked data in government. IEEE Internet Computing, 17, (4), 72-77.
- Ubaldi, Barbara (2013) ‘Open Government Data: Towards Empirical Analysis …’, OECD Working Paper on Public Governance 22.
- O’Hara, Kieron (2011) ‘Transparent Government, Not Transparent Citizens’, Cabinet Office.
- UCL Constitution Unit (2013) Freedom of Information and Data Protection.
- Public Administration Select Committee, Oral evidence to Statistics and Open Data inquiry, Nov 2013. (http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/WrittenEvidence.svc/EvidenceHtml/3823, 3631, 3628 – and cf.4041)
- Anneke Zuiderwijk1, Marijn Janssen, Sunil Choenni, Ronald Meijer, and Roexsana Sheikh Alibaks, ‘Sociotechnical impediments of open data’, Electronic Journal of e-Government, 2012
- Lessig, ‘Against Transparency’, New Republic, 2009
- Public Accounts Committee, ‘Implementing the Transparency Agenda’, 2012
COMP6048 – Interdisciplinary Thinking
- Repko A. F. (2008) Interdisciplinary Research: Process and Theory. Sage Publications. Chapter 1 and Chapter 2
- Plus 6 readings for first group work.
COMP6050 – Semantic Web for Web Science
- Tim Berners-Lee, James Hendler and Ora Lassila (2001) The Semantic Web, Scientific American.
- Nigel Shadbolt, Wendy Hall and Tim Berners-Lee (2006) The Semantic Web Revisited, IEEE Intelligent Systems, pp96-101, May/June 2006.
COMP6052 Social Networking Technology
- Easley, D. and Kleinberg, J. Networks Crowds and Markets. Cambridge University Press, 2010. MyiLibrary: http://lib.myilibrary.com/Open.aspx?id=272489 (chapters 16, 19 and 20)
- Watts, D., 2002. A simple model of global cascades on random networks. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
- Morris, S., 2000. Contagion. The Review of Economic Studies
- Watts, D., 1998. Collective dynamics of “small-world” networks. Nature.
RESM6003 – Qualitative Methods
- Atkinson, P. and Silverman, D. (1997) ‘Kundera’s immortality: the interview society and the invention of self’, Qualitative Inquiry, 3(3): 304-325. [TDNet – not available]
- Baker, S.E. and Edwards, R. (eds) (2012) How Many Qualitative Interviews is Enough? Expert Voices and Early Career Reflections on Sampling and Cases in Qualitative Research, National Centre for Research Methods Review Paper.
- Edwards, R. and Holland, J. (2013) What is Qualitative Interviewing?, London: Bloomsbury Academic (ePrints link doesn’t work).
- Gubrium, J.F. and Holstein, J.A. (eds) (2003b) Postmodern Interviewing, London: Sage. [BF 637 GUB] (Library).
- Kvale, S. (1996) InterViews: An Introduction to Qualitative Research Interviewing, London: Sage. [HM 48 KVA] (Library).